14. June 2012 08:51
I just released my first CodePlex project, the CRM 2011 ERD Designer!
It can be downloaded from http://crm2011erd.codeplex.com/
The CRM 2011 ERD Designer is a Silverlight 4 application that is packaged as a Managed CRM 2011 Solution. This tool allows you to build ERD (Entity Relationship Diagrams) that are dynamically updated based on the published CRM entities and Fields; you can create/edit/remove entities and fields from the ERD designer. The tool allows also printing the diagrams.
Note: This release is currently in Beta so please provide feedback in the discussion area for any areas of improvement.
The tool has the following Features:
o Add new entity
o Add new Field
o Relationship details
o Save from Entity ribbon
o Edit Entity
o Edit Field
o Edit Relationship
o Add entity to Diagram
o Remove entity from Diagram
o Remove field from Diagram
o Remove system fields from Diagram
o Delete Entity
o Delete Field
1. Download the CRM 2011 ERD Designer and import it into CRM 2011 On Premise or CRM Online.
2. Refresh the browser.
3. You can then access CRM 2011 ERD Designer within the Settings Area by selecting ERD Diagrams under the Extensions menu option.
Note: As it is a managed solution it can be completely removed from CRM by selecting to delete the solution from the Solutions View in CRM.
To make this project I used the following components:
o Silver Diagram SDK
o MVVM Light Toolkit
o CRM Developer Toolkit
o Silverlight Control Toolkit
o Menu and Context Menu for Silverlight 4.0
So if you download the source code and want to build the solution you will need to:
1) Download the Silver Diagram SDK from the SilverDiagram site (just copy the SD.XXXX DLL's).
2) Download the CRM 2011 SDK from Microsoft site and install the Developer Toolkit that is inside the sdk\tools\developertoolkit folder
3) Download the MVVM Light Toolkit from Codeplex site.
4) Download the Menu and Context Menu for Silverlight 4.0 fromCodePlex site
5) Download MEFedMVVM from CodePlex site